Tuesday, September 13, 2016
Apple’s Next Generation – iPhone 7 & iPhone 7plus..!!
Apple has officially announced its new smartphone iPhone 7 & iPhone 7Plus with amazing features. It is said that Apple has launched its best phone ever till now. The new iPhone is design similar to iPhone6s and iPhone6s Plus. But the features like water resistance, new camera, no headphone jack fast processor, Static home Button has made iPhone 7 different from last year’s model.
Appearance and Storage: - Apple has redesigned the antenna bands of both phones which no longer spoil the back look of device. Apple has launched two new colours for iPhone 7 and iPhone 7plus replacing space grey. Both phones are available in Silver, Rose, Gold, Black and Jet-Black colours
For the first time apple has replaced its 16gb model with 32gb model as a base model. Both devices are available in 32gb, 128gb and 256gb capacity. Jet-Black is available only in 128gb and 256gb models.
Removal of Headphone Jack: - Apple has removed headphone jack of 3.5mm and has included another speaker for stereo sound. Thus, there’s now one speaker at bottom and one at top. Apple’s new ear-pods will be connected through lightning connector port which will be included in every phone box.
New Camera: - The camera of both devices has been upgraded to enhance low-light capabilities and optic image stabilization which will give even sharper photographs than ever. iPhone7 features 12 mega-pixels with 6 element lens, larger f/1.8 aperture.
The iPhone 7 plus Hong Kong comes with dual lens camera. This version has two 12 mega-pixel camera with wide-angle lens and telephoto lens that can zoom up to 10x with high quality and optical zoom. Front facing camera has also been upgraded to 7MP from 5MP on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7Plus for selfies that will look better than ever.
Iconic Home Button: - Apple has redesigned the home button. The static home button which means it’s a pressure sensitive and has been given vibration based-taptic feedback system which provides the levels of pressure and feedback.
Water & Dust Resistant: - the new iPhones are dust and water-resistant with IP67 rating which means it is dust free and is able to withstand submersion in water up to 1 meter deep for half an hour. It’s likely to survive if its dropped in pool. That means phone is safe from iPhone 7 water damage.
Battery Life: - The main problem iPhone was facing its less battery life. Keeping in mind its battery issue apple has improved battery life of these new handsets. These models will have longest battery life ever in an iPhone. Apple estimates 12 hours of browsing on iPhone 7 and about 2 hours more on iPhone 7 plus.
Thursday, September 8, 2016
There was a time when people used to handle smartphones with proper care. But now the scenario has been change. With an immense screen of iPhone, dropping of iPhone on floor is more common. Manufacturers are using Corning Gorilla glass for screen protection and aluminium body to protect the phone. Though iPhone is extremely durable phone and capable for rough handling but still there are some uncertainties which leads to damage of an iPhone screen. Therefore, precautions should be taken as it is said precautions are better than cure.!!
Following means to protect your iPhone from Screen:-
Tempered Glass Protection: - First and foremost way is getting a tempered glass screen protector. Earlier plastic screen protectors were in demand but now people have switched to glass protectors. As everyone is aware iPhone screen repair is costly than the glass protector. Putting glass protector is equal to another screen on phone but it protects our phone screen during fall or drops. Secondly it maintains the display quality and you get the same feel when you look screen.
Cases or Covers: - Another damage to iPhone by dropping on floor it damages its edges. Many time we see there are dents on phone which later damage phone screen too. So to prevent dents person must use good quality covers like bumpers or cases. Covers not only protect back or edges but it also protects screen from cracks. Secondly make sure to not to use hard covers because hard covers also damage screen if phone is dropped.
Avoid Taking Photos from Selfie Stick: - This is another and common hurdle which damage iPhone screen. Nowadays, everyone is addicted to take selfie at any place whether it is a Hong Kong Peak or beach. Sometimes phone is not properly attached and when you turn on your iPhone to take picture and if you are pushed it will fell down on floor and screen will be broken. Though iPhone repair Hong Kong experts can repair screen but still it is advisable to take pictures only when you have calm surrounding or enough space.
Avoid keeping phone with keys in Pockets: -
Many of us make this mistake without realising it that keeping an iPhone with keys damages screen. Maximum keys have some sharp points which damages iPhone glass by scratches. These scratches later damages whole screen. Be careful that not to keep iPhone and keys in same pocket or handbags.
Use of wrist straps: - Though its rare but it happens that phone just slip out of our hand. Especially this is happened with women who drop their phone while doing some work or taking out stuff from their hand bags. These straps will help your iPhone screen from being cracked.
Avoid water damage: - Nobody can disagree on the fact that everyone has habit of carrying phone in bathroom either while talking or just to listen songs during shower. Thus people drop their phone in water. Second while partying, drink or water is spilled on phone which damages iPhone display. Therefore, it is suggested for not having iPhone water damage to keep phones in bags or pockets where there are drinks and avoid using phone in bathrooms.
Friday, May 24, 2013
You all must be aware of word Hard Drive failure and Data Recovery. Now days in modern world everyone is using digital devices which involves lot of file saving, downloading and data exchange. Nowadays data recovery is not only associated with Hard drive Failures but also with many other devices like Phones, Music Player, Memory Cards, Cameras etc. These days every school kid has their own cell phone and they all save tones of pictures, music and videos. Data is very important and crucial for it owner and no matter how careful you are these devices fail suddenly and that’s when you need file recovery. Many people these days drop their phones on water or spill liquid on computers which damages hard drive and their data is lost. Read How to save Dropped phone is water.
What is Data Recovery?
In simple words data recovery is extracting data from damage or corrupted hard drives, magnetic tapes, memory cards, SSD by using software plus hardware recovery method and saving it to a good hard drive. Data extraction is a very complex and delicate process as in this process professionals only get 1 or 2 chances to recover files.
Types of Recovery :
· Deleted Data – This is usually done by very expensive advanced processional Software which is able to scan and read sectors on drive which were deleted.
· Inaccessible/ Lost partition - In this case data is on the storage drive but is not accessible.
· Operating System Failure – This is most common failure and can be seen in both Mac and Windows based laptops. This is also one of most common type of recovery.
· Physical Damage – This is type of recovery where the storage device is physically broken or damaged beyond repair. This type of recovery is done is special Labs also known as Clean Room. This is usually most expensive type of recovery.
· Logic Board Failure – This happens when the circuit board on HDD is not working or HDD cannot be turned ON. It is not easy to perform this kind of recovery as HDD need same exact same logic board from same manufacture and model of the hard drive.
Should I attempt to Recovery Data on my own?
Yes if you definitely don’t want your data back then go ahead and try it. Recovering data by users on their own is not recommended by Mac Hard Drive Recovery HK at all, if you do so then you will be the one destroying hard drive plus any possibility of recovering data by professionals. Remember even professional recovery companies have only 1 or at most 2 chances of recovering data. If you attempt something then for sure you don’t love your data and you will end up getting nothing.
There are few free data recovery software’s out there which one should never use as these software’s are for advertisement purpose and not for actual recovery. Professional recovery software’s are very expensive and engineers who are trained to recover files follow proper step by step procedure to recover valuable data. These free softwares actually reduce chance of recovering any data even by professionals as it requires drive scanning for hours and thus making many sectors unreadable. Also this software will advertise their company and ultimately ask you to bring HDD to them so better not to attempt anything foolish.
Is Windows & Mac recovery same?
According to Macbook data recovery Hong Kong it is important to understand that windows and mac both are using different file systems. Windows hard drive is formatted as NTFS whereas Mac uses HFS+. That’s why software recovery of both the systems is performed in different way using different typed of recovery program. Not every company can recover Mac hard drive so it is not recommended to give HDD for recovering to Windows Recovery Company. Mac recovery is more complex than windows but when it comes to physical recovery the basic steps are same for both.
Dos and Don’ts
· When your mac hard drive crashes do not turn on your MacBook as this will force drive to read data which will make drive condition worst.
· When your mac OSX is not booting up then do not force boot it or turn it OFF & ON multiple times as this will lead to complete HDD failure.
· If your camera memory card is not readable just take it out and leave it. Don’t try inserting it in other devices as it reduces recovery chances.
· Never attempt any kind of recovery on your own.
· Always keep a backup copy of your data no matter what device you are using.
· If your hard drive is making clicking sound that means it needs hardware recovery so never attempt to open it physically.
· If you have deleted data by mistake then right away turn OFF your computer and don’t use it unless data is recovered. If you do so you will be overwriting sectors and recovery will be impossible.
Data recovery is a very complex and time consuming process and it requires highly skilled engineers to extract files from damage drives so it will be always an expensive process no matter which device you recover. Data Recovery Hong Kong Whenever recovery is required of files such as photos, music, videos do not attempt to recover on your own and always ask for professional help. Pictures and Videos means a lot to people and these files are large in nature so that’s why there recovery is difficult compared to documents.
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
These days there has been sudden increase in email hacking and every day we are receiving many computers and laptops which are hacked and contains malicious programs on it. Recently there are few new hackers in market who are not very experienced and can be a teenager or someone unemployed. These type of hackers are newbie but they are dangerous as they spend more time finding out information and try new methods of hacking. Email hacking is the easiest and most popular way of hacking any computer and because not every user is protected with right kind of security program there email often get hacked.
How to know my email is Hacked?
1. If you are not able to login to your email with same old password.
2. If your friends are receiving emails from your account asking for money.
3. If people in your contact list are receiving strange links and picture links.
4. After you login you find out there are no mails at all and all mails are deleted.
5. When you see strange emails in sent items which you never sent.
How does my email got hacked? What did I do?
Computer Repair Services Hong Kong will tell you ways how your email got hacked.
1. Did you click on the link sent calming jobs, lottery confirm? Sample below:
2. Did you open any attachment claiming TT transfer Successful.
3. Did you download any software from unknown website recently?
4. Are you using same password on many websites?
5. Did you open link sent by friend to see pictures? may be his email is also hacked and he is unaware of it.
6. Did you receive email from your own email address asking to open link?
What to do once email is Hacked?
1. The most important step Change password immediately. Create a strong password and do not use your name or friends name which hacker can find from social networking websites.
2. If you cannot access your account then only option is to go for password recovery.
3. Once you login to your account change password reset setting and make sure hacker did not change your recovery email address.
4. Check if hacker has not created any settings to forward all emails to some other account.
5. Scan your computer with an Antivirus program and look for virus or spyware.
6. Uninstall any recently installed program from unknown source.
7. Install a firewall as this will not allow information to be sent to hacker.
Future Precautions -
- Don't click on any link without reading it or without knowing source of it.
- Don't download softwares from unknown, not popular websites.
- Don't click on Advertisements that claims to pay you money or win lottery.
- Do not use your email account on public computers.
- Do not use same password for all email accounts or on different social networking websites.
- Always scan your computer regularly and delete browsing history and cookies.
- Do not open picture attachments from people you don't know and even if you know the person before opening scan all attachments.
- Don't be lazy and change password regularly.
- Don't let your friend or colleague use your computer administrator account, You can ask them to use guest account.
- Keep a general record of your emails and contact list in your mind as this will help in password recovery.
- Install a good Antivirus and Spyware program see our post Easiest way to steal someone’s Password - Keylogger – How to protect? for more details on securing your computer.
Follow precautions suggested by Laptop Repair Hong Kong to make your online browsing and emailing safe. If you not sure about security of you computer then you can consult computer security experts at MacWin Technology - 64037272.
We welcome all comments and suggestions regarding email hacking.
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Every day we receive many Macbooks being damage by liquids like coke, juice, sodas, coffee, tea or other kinds of party liquids like Beer, Whiskey, Cocktails or plain water. Many customers ask us what to do in case of liquid damage as they have already damage their machines so it’s too late to explain procedure. Now you can know the procedure to save your macs in case of liquid damage before it is too late.
What happens when liquid spills on mac? Do liquid spill really damage laptop? Why computers don't work after liquid spill?
Usually liquid wont damage your computer right away in fact most of the macs are damaged by actual user itself and not the liquid. What we have seen is after spilling liquid every person tries to turn on their macs or if it is already on they don’t turn it off instead they run around to get tissue or towel to dry it.
Mac Liquid Spill Repair Hong Kong will tell you step by step procedure what to do in case of Liquid spill but before that you must know what kind of liquid you have spilled on computer. We have divided liquids in 3 types of categories:
1. Sugary drinks/Sticky Liquid - These are liquids that are sticky in nature due to presence of sweetener or sugar inside. These liquids always damages keyboards, trackpads and are most dangerous kinds of liquids e.g. Juice, Sodas, Coffee, Hot Chocolate, Milk etc.
2. Water base Drinks - These are drinks that are mixed with water. These may or may not have sugar inside so they are less dangerous like Green tea or Chinese tea.
3. Alcoholic Drinks – With this category people have wrong assumption that alcohol does not damage computer but actually it does as they have water or sugar inside like beer, vodka, whiskey and Pinna Colada which girls always spill :)
Now as you are familiar with categories of Liquids so we can proceed to procedure of saving mac. Computer Repair Hong Kong will tell you what to do in case of Liquid Spill in the procedure below.
- 1. DON'T TURN ON YOUR MAC. If it is already ON then hold down power button for 5 seconds to power it off.2. Remove any charger or battery connected to your mac. MacBook’s where you cannot remove battery DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OPEN Just leave the battery inside.3. If the liquid went onto your keyboard then flip the computer upside down (see picture) and keep it at the corner of the table in same position so liquid can drain out and this will prevent liquid from entering further onto logic board.Leave it in that position overnight if you spilled liquid at night. If in Daytime then bring it to MacWin Technology immediately as our Water damage experts will clean your mac and save it from damaging completely.4. DONT USE HAIR DRYER - Every person tries to use hair dryer as they think it will dry out the liquid but instead they end up burning the vital logic board components and specially keys on the keyboard. Using hair dryer will not dry the liquid that has already entered mac no matter for long you dry it.
Another reason not to use dryer is, everyone after blow-drying try to turn ON their computer and that’s when the board blows off.5. Bring your computer to Liquid damage repair Professionals and not to any computer store as most of the cases technicians don’t know how to deal with liquid damage boards and they try to clean the board with various Chemicals. We have also seen cases where technicians attempting to turn ON macs in spite of knowing it is liquid damage.
Dos and Don'ts
- Do not turn ON your mac at any cost before you take it for repair.
- Remember you spilled a drink be ready to pay for it and accept your mistake, don't try to save few dollars on cleaning and don't try to do things on your own as 99% cases it gets worst.
- Bring your mac to Macbook Repair HK at earliest possible as in that cases damage will be minimum.
- Some cases people just turn on their mac after spill and it starts working and they think OK nothing happened. We have seen cases where people used there mac for 2 days and then suddenly board or screen blows off. Don’t think it is working now and nothing will happen, you must not turn it ON. Liquid stays inside and will move around, secondly it starts rusting board components so take it for cleaning immediately.
- Keep tissue on keyboard while carrying your mac to a repair store as it will absorb all extra liquid while your mac is moving and also it prevents screen from being damage.
- Do not use any chemicals or house hold cleaning liquids to clean your Mac.
- Do not follow instructions online and videos to open and repair your mac yourself. Remember professionals know what they are doing and this there daily job so let them do the things in right way.
Follow the steps provided by Water Damage Laptop Repair HK and your mac will be fine. Remember never turn ON liquid damage computers and must seek for professional help immediately. Contact MacWin Technology Hong Kong (852) 64037272