Thursday, October 14, 2010
How to protect your computers from Hackers, spywares and viruses?
In face of this fast-changing pace of development in the business world, in mass media as well as in ways of communication, all computer users have to interact with friends, partners, customers or even strangers through internet frequently. Very often, we focus on speed and efficiency and neglect the importance of internet security. This article provides 10 smart tips for all computer users. If you need more advice or concrete assistance, Computer Repair Hong Kong or Laptop Repair Hong Kong can help you strengthen your computer security.
1. Install Anti-Virus - Examples of good softwares are AVG Anti-Virus,Avast Anti-Virus and Kaspersky Anti-Virus. PC Service Hong Kong can suggest the most recommendable options to cater for your needs.
2. Update Softwares - Make sure you anti-virus program is set to update automatically so that you don’t have to rely on your memory to do it.
3. Install only Trusted Softwares - If you’re not sure what a piece of software does from it’s name, then don’t install it. Sometimes programs will ask you to install other programs during the install of the first application. Be careful of that because it’s usually spyware.
4. Delete Unknown Emails – If you receive emails from random people’s names, do not bother to open the email, just delete it. Never download or open attachments unless you are sure it’s from someone you know.
5. Avoid Ads - Avoid clicking on ads if you can.
6. Scan Viruses Regularly – If you’re not in the mood to scan every day, at least run a scan once a week. If you discover viruses in your computer, contact PC repair Hong Kong for help and it can clear your PC as well as strength the security of your computer.
7. Be careful with what you attach to your computer – This is a more common way to transfer viruses than you might think. A lot of virus programs will auto launch right when the USB stick is put into the computer, so you don’t even have to open or download any of the files to be infected.
8. Avoid porn sites – If you need to look at porn, then make sure you do it in a virtual environment. You are DEFINITELY going to get some virus or spyware if you browse porn sites on your computer.
9. Turn On a Firewall - A firewall prevents hackers from gaining access to your computer by limiting the number of ports that are open to the public.
10. Use a Complex Password – Create a password for all user accounts and make sure it’s complex. Complex means it should have numbers, upper case characters, lower case characters, and symbols.
To know more about Computer repair Hong Kong and Laptop repair Hong Kong please visit: http://www.macwintech.com/;